Thursday, November 3, 2011

Praise God through the Psalms

From today's reading: "I have been sustained by you ever since I was born; from my mother's womb you have been my strength; my praise shall be always of you." Psalm 71:6 I was struck by the personal impact this verse has on me as an adopted person. It is important for me to know and feel that God has been with me from conception. I know that other verses have impact on other people. I want to share with you from my devotional book:

The book of Psalms begins: "Happy are those who. . . love the Lord's teachings" (1:1-2) and ends with "Praise the Lord!" (150:6). In between is every situation you might experience on the journey of life - trials, losses, betrayals, joys, hopes, promises, and desires. The Psalms represent the whole spectrum of human experience and the faithfulness of God to walk with you through each one. . . When you begin with faith in God - reading the Bible and trusting his love - you end with praise for him. . . So express your love for him from the depths of your soul! Because he will never let you down. . . From Moments of Peace in the Presence of God (Bethany House)




No comments:

Post a Comment