Thursday, November 17, 2011

Child-like faith


From today's reading: Jesus called a child, whom he put among them, and said, "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever becomes humble like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 18:2-4

I like the way this is stated and translated because it makes it clear that we don't have to be children, but to be like children. My friend, Diane Andrew, stated it very well when she wrote, "I want to see the world through five year old eyes. . . To walk with my Lord, wherever he may be. . . To put my trust in him." It is that childlike trust that the Lord desires from us; that childlike faith that is never self-centered, nor demanding nor manipulative. The Lord wants to see our desire for him, delighting to be in his presence with no hidden agendas, no impatience, no speculation, just the joy and peace that comes in the presence of Jesus..

No comments:

Post a Comment