Friday, August 17, 2012

The beauty of God's creation



From today's reading:  In the beginning, O LORD, you laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands.  Psalm 102:25

I have always been something of a creationist.  I enjoy many of man's creations, but I delight in and love God's creations.  That was where I really came to see God; in the rolling sea, the sunsets, the birds of the air or forest creatures, the high mountains.  Even when I am inside wondrous human creations, I long for sight of any part of God's creation.  I have a great need to be able to see outside.  

My heart leaps at the thought of God saying, "Let there be light."  No, I don't believe that it was all created in six 24-hour days, but I do believe that God was the mastermind behind it all.  When I see a flower unfold, or a new born baby, or the intricacies of a spider's web in the morning sun, there is no question in my mind that God is real and at work in our world each and every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment