Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Treasured Possession

Now therefore, if you obey my voice and keep my covenant, you shall be my treasured possession out of all the peoples. Indeed, the whole earth is mine, but you shall be for me a priestly kingdom and a holy nation.  Exodus 19:5-6

I love the idea that we are a treasured possession.  God is speaking to Moses and acknowledges that all the world is his, but God's love rests with us in a very special way.  He's speaking to the people of Israel, but as Jesus ministered to Gentiles and later Paul and other disciples began to preach and to baptize Gentiles into the family, that includes us.  We are a priestly kingdom, each of us with our own ability and authority to preach peace to the world.  As we strive to keep God's covenant and to obey the voice of God, we are a holy nation, the treasured possession of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment