Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Authority/Responsbility


From today's reading: The angel said to those who were standing before him, "Take off his filthy clothes." And to him he said, "See, I have taken your guilt away from you, and I will clothe you with festal apparel." . . . If you will walk in my ways and keep my requirements, then you shall rule my house and have charge of my courts. Zechariah 3:4, 7

These lines concern the priest Joshua. His guilt is taken away and he is being set up for a position of authority, but there is a requirement to walk in the way of the Lord - to be holy and upright. The Lord will take away our guilt and give us authority, but with the authority comes responsibility.

Now, we may not think we have much authority - maybe only over your own household or your children, or a pet. If we do not handle whatever authority we are given in a responsible manner, then we will have to answer to God. And if we do handle that authority well, then God will bless us and give us more.

No comments:

Post a Comment