Saturday, November 17, 2012

Mercy Triumphs Over Judgment


From today's reading:  So speak and so act as those who are to be judged by the law of liberty. For judgment will be without mercy to anyone who has shown no mercy; mercy triumphs over judgment  James  2:12-13

Just a short note today - about the last four words in the verses above:  I think this is something that is preached over and over in the Bible - but it is overlooked by a large number of Christians.  I think the human need to validate ourselves often shows up in our insecurity in our own being..  For some people, it seems to be easier to attack and judge others, to run them down than to find something commendable in ourselves.  And even when we are right, Micah reminds us what the Lord wants of us: "to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God." (6:8) My motto is if I err, I will err on the side of mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment