Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Your promise gives me life.

From today's reading: Psalm 119: 49-50
49 Remember your word to your servant, because you have given me hope.  50 This is my comfort in my trouble, that your promise gives me life.   

While pondering various worries this morning, I found this to be great comfort and a reminder that, after all, it is all in God's hand.  We think we are handling things well, and then we find ourselves is a bit of intestinal distress and realize that we have just stuffed it down and it is churning up our insides.  Not fun at all.  

When that happens, it is good to remember that it is God who is in control, and when we can't change what is happening, we lift it up in prayer and allow the Lord to be a significant part of the situation and therefore the solution.  For God is our hope, and when we are troubled, he will be our comfort when we remember that he is ultimately in charge of our life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment