Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Someone touched me


From today's reading: Jesus said, 'Someone touched me; for I noticed that power had gone out from me.'  Luke 8:46

The crowd surrounded Jesus and pressed in from every side, and yet, he knew that someone had touched the hem of his cloak, and not just touched it, but touched it with the faith that it could make her well.  Jesus felt the power go out of him and he knew it wasn't just someone who wanted to be able to say, "I touched Jesus." but someone in great need; someone in desperation.

I think this is so hopeful for all of us.  When we reach out to Jesus in any kind of need, he feels our presence and our need and our faith.  And he in turn reaches out to us and assures us, 'Daughter, your faith has made you well; go in peace.' (Verse 48)  It's as simple as that.  No great and mights acts - no proclamation from the rooftops.  Just 'go in peace - you have been cleansed.'  It's personal and it's powerful in its simplicity.  Go in peace - the Lord is with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment