Thursday, October 13, 2011

I call upon the Lord

From today's reading: "I called upon the LORD in my distress and cried out to my God for help. He heard my voice from his heavenly dwelling; my cry of anguish came to his ears." Psalm 18:6-7

In times of trouble, of turmoil, of pain, anguish, we need to know and believe that there is someone who is great than us, who hears our cry, who sees our struggle and who cares deeply that we are hurt. God is that one who knows all. He is the one we can cry out to when we are lost and alone. God is the one that will be with us through it all, who will hold and comfort us through it all. And he is the one who will find a way to bring good out of that experience if we hang on to him and allow him to be our strength. KSBJ reminds us that "God listens," and the psalm reminds us that he also cares.

No comments:

Post a Comment