Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Come, let us go to the house of the Lord

From today's reading:  3 Many peoples shall say, "Come, let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; that he may teach us his ways and that we may walk in his paths." For out of Zion shall go forth instruction, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. Isaiah  2:3

I'm not sure when it came about that I was  indeed glad to hear someone say, "Let us to go the house of the Lord."  In the beginning, it was tedious - and then somehow, being in the presence of God became less and less a chore and more and more a time of excitement and expectation.

I know that we are always in the presence of the living God - but being intentional about coming together to worship Him has a joy of its own.  There is a fulfillment that takes place in the heart that is very hard to explain to someone who has not or does not feel it.

One of the phrases you hear over and over in the gospels is "Come and see..."  When faced with those who do not know the Lord, all we can do is say, "I've found something that fills me and brings peace and hope to my life.  Come and see for yourself."

Lord, open my ears to hear your word that I might always rejoice to hear your voice.  And open my heart to reach out to those you have placed in my path.  Let me be a beacon, not a wall, to those who do not know you, so that I might lead them to your holy hill.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment