Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Living By Faith

Jesus said: “I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of him who sent me....   This is indeed the will of my Father, that all who see the Son and believe in him may have eternal life; and I will raise them up on the last day”.  John 6:38-40.  

I believe, I have faith, not in myself, because I’ll mess things up, but in God whose promises are eternal.  If I have faith that an airplane will stay up in the air and will get me from point A to point B, then why shouldn’t I have faith in my God to take care of me and to direct me in the things I do.  When I listen to the little nudges He gives me from time to time, I find myself in the place I need to be, when I need to be there, sometimes for my own benefit, and sometimes for the benefit of others to whom God would have me minister.  Jesus promises that we will have eternal life, I believed that.  I believe that when we follow our Lord Jesus Christ, our life here on earth is enhanced and blessed, and we will see God face to face when we depart this world.  

Verse for meditation:
“Now Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.”  Hebrews 11:1. 

No comments:

Post a Comment