Saturday, October 26, 2013

Becoming the "me" that God wants me to be

From today's reading:  For his wrath endures but the twinkling of an eye,   his favor for a lifetime.  Psalm 30:5

I can understand this verse very well.  I know how mad I could get at my kids when they were growing up.  And I also know that those transgressions that riled my anger so much at the time are no longer remembered.   But regardless of those incidents, my love for my children will never wane.  Thank you, Lord, that you are a loving father whose anger does not last.  

As a parent myself, I know that anger stems from disappointment - disappointment in my children's choices - and a deep desire to see them succeed and become all that they can be.  God feels the same about each of us - a desire to see us become the best person that we can possibly be.  

Lord, help me to overcome those desires and stumbling blocks that keep me from being the very best image of you that I can be.  Inspire me and encourage me by setting the goal of my heart firmly before me that I may become the very best me that is possible.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment