Tuesday, March 26, 2013

We wish to see Jesus


From today's reading:  Now among those who went up to worship at the festival were some Greeks. They came to Philip, who was from Bethsaida in Galilee, and said to him, "Sir, we wish to see Jesus." Philip went and told Andrew; then Andrew and Philip went and told Jesus.  John 12:20-=22

In this reading, even the Gentiles are seeking out Jesus.  That is the sign for Jesus, that his ministry on earth is coming to an end.  It is poised, ready to spread once his death and resurrection is accomplished.

In almost every example of Andrew that we find in the Bible, he is bringing someone to meet Jesus.  A great example of what we are to be about.  
Can we, like Andrew and Philip, Bring before Jesus those who are searching and in need of grace and mercy?  


1 comment:

  1. Nan -

    I sent you a message via Facebook and wanted to try as well through your blog. I know you are very busy so I do not want to intrude too much.

    I have been running a prayer bead ministry for the past 4 years after experiencing a particular call to do so. In all this time your book, "Praying With Beads," has been a primary source for me, both in terms of the history and the use of beads. I love it and share it every time I lead retreats or workshops.

    Currently, I am writing a book on prayer beads for The Upper Room Books. It is due to be published this August. It is a 4-week Bible Study that is designed to introduce Protestants to using beads in prayer. It is called "A Bead and a Prayer."

    The Upper Room Books staff are beginning the process of seeking endorsements for the book. I have given them a list of people who might be willing to do this and included your name. I imagine you receive many requests, and will certainly understand if you do not have the time to read the draft and comment on it. However, I would be honored if you would.

    If you are willing to consider this request, please email me at kevincent619@gmail.com. You can learn more about me through my blog: www.abeadnaprayer.wordpress.com.

    Though I live in Georgia I am a native Texan and have enjoyed seeing pictures of my home state on your Facebook page. I pray blessings on your continued ministry.

    Peace,
    Kristen Vincent

    ReplyDelete