Saturday, February 9, 2013

Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!


Jesus said to him, ‘If you are able! All things can be done for the one who believes.’ Immediately the father of the child cried out, ‘I believe; help my unbelief!’  Mark 9:23-24

How often do we need to pray this prayer - Lord I believe; help my unbelief?  It's not that I don't have faith in God, it's that I often don't have faith in myself - I sometimes don't trust that I will listen to God and do what he wants me to do.  And I know, when I do that, I am making the same mistake that most non-believers and marginal believers make.  Placing myself above God's ability to work.  So I ask the Lord, when I doubt myself, please remind me that You are in charge, and you will bring about your will.  Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!

1 comment: